Command Line install Encrypted LVM w/ Parrot DE's

Hello, Just curious Anyone got a script I can modify to install Parrot from Terminal that will also install the Desktop Environment and pull Parrot Tools? Im thinking about making a script and or guide to automate installation because I use a couple Distros of Linux and I cant spend one of my 1TB Drives on a full disk encryption Id rather partion it using this Kind of concept below

######################################################################################

||-------------------------------OS---------------------------------||
||-Non-LVM-||-------------------------LVM---------------------------||
|| /boot || LV-1 (/) | LV-2 (swap)| LV 3 (/home) | LV-4 (/tmp)|| Logical Volumes(LV)
|| ||------------------------------------------|------------||
|| || VG 1 | VG 2 || Volume Groups(VG)
|| ||------------------------------------------|------------||
||/dev/sda1|| /dev/sda2 | /dev/sda3 | /dev/sdb2 | /dev/sdd4 || Physical Volumes(PV)
||---------||-------------------------------------------------------||
######################################################################################

If you know what I mean by the Above then you understand what Im talking about and I dont need help on this here. What I need is either Info on installing the Parrot Desktop Environments Mate and KDE the reason Im doing this is I dont really like Debian or Parrot Installer. Its to limiting for me and unless theres a way to install Encrypted LVM witout using the entire Disk from either the Debian/Parrot installer because I dont see any way to do that from those installers and if theres is its not a very Intutitave Installer like Calamares or somthing for setting up Multiple Encrypted LVMs on the same Disk. And im not talking smack about Parrot in anyway Please dont missunderstand that. But Debians new Calamares Installer is the Only Debian Based Installer Ive Seen for good management of installing Debian Based distos like this. So if anyone can Either Guide me to either installing the Parrot Desktop from the command line I would greatly Apprecieate that :slight_smile: and I will even Share my Script when its done from one of my Dropbox Clouds I pay for.

So maybe one fo the Devs can hit me up about this??? or anyone with the info??? Ill obviously need the wget URLS or is there a main package to download and build??? so I can pop in a USB and goto my shared link on Dropbox and quickly download a script top run from the termianl that will repartion what I always use for Parrot and build the DE after after installation of the Base…

One last thing, theres mention of XFCE for Parrot in the Docs or somewhere on the wbesite, where is that? because I would much rather have Openbox WM and then install the XFCE Packages in it, with things like Polybar and Tint2 panels and go down that road for my main Desktop Environment. I use Arch based Linux mostly however there not that good for Pentesters in my experience. Im not a Super Uber Cucumber quite yet, but I am getting there. Debian is just much better suited for Pentesting I just break it so much form an accidental apt upgrade and hit enter and im just NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the second im doing it, or I do something else to break Parrot messing with Devuan as a Base and break that stuff again… and I almost never break Arch Based OS’s & If I do, Arch almost always tells you what to do to fix whats broken in the terminal where Debian Doesnt have that kind of Information in their Errors and I get lost so its far easier for me to reinstall fast log into Dropbox and grab my dot files, and Dropbox is basiclly my Home folder minus config files and the other stuff that actually needs to be on the home folder…

I have a really good script for building Parrot to build a Encrypted USB with Persistance using a SSL nuke slot and I got that from someone else and I just had to modify it some so I figured theres gotta be someone else out there who cant use the Debian type installers and has a way to build Parrot for more control over Encrypted Volume Management…

Thanks Yous~~~~~~
and Merry Christmas
:slight_smile:

1 Like

The debian installer is currently undergoing some changes and a new minor release is available for public testing. The fixes/updates are small and don’t address something like this but the point is the installer is being improved so is an interesting time to consider building your own. Also point of clarification calamares isn’t new, it’s been around for years and it’s also not actually Debian’s installer it’s distro independent. But all the installers have dev pkgs